Sunday, March 1, 2020

February progress

     I could show you all the work I've been doing to get ready for our quilt show,  but paperwork and planning for a show is not exciting blog material, I'm sure.   Needless to say,  our show is 19 days away.  I'm excited.  As President of our Guild and the Show Chair this year,  it's been one task after another.    We have a new venue this year, which means new floor plans,  measuring and double checking those measurements... taking pictures from different angles etc.   

     I have attached all the sleeves to my entries,  so those are ready to go.  I also finished my "Monarch" project.  This was really fun to do,  and I challenged myself to do more than use the color orange. 

  •   I did a reverse applique with wool and cotton
  •   I dyed my background fabric 
  •   I used some new threads for the embroidery
  •   I did some big-stitch quilting
  •   I learned how to attach a facing rather than a binding
  •   I figured out how to make the butterfly 3-dimensional.  

 Here are a couple of pictures of the finished project.  It measures about 16" x 16".  





     I also made some items for our guilld's gift boutique at the show.   These little tool holders are made on Dollar Tree  acrylic picture frames.  I made some that are 5 x7  and some 8x10.   









I also made some of these fabric buckets.. they are about 4 x 4".  





All in all... it has been a productive month....  I'm really looking forward to having the Quilt Show behind me,  and then our quilting retreat where I can get back to normal stitching.   

No comments:

Post a Comment