Sunday, December 3, 2017

Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery, On Ringo Lake week 2

I'm linking to Bonnie's Linky party for Clue #2.  Week 2 Linky Party   I'm just about half way through the weekly clue.  It's going quicker than I had anticipated.   I have a busy week ahead of me, and not sure if I'll get around to an evening post later this week.  

Check out Bonnie's blog for instructions... its not too late to join in the fun!  

I love flying geese!  I've cut all my pieces using the Easy Angle and Companion Angle rulers.. using from my 2" strips of blue and white on whites.  I've exhausted the colors I'm using in both colors,  and actually went out and purchased about 5 fat quarters to add to my blue variety.  Since I'm doing this as a quilt of valor,  I'm trying to stay away from prints that are floral or kid's prints....   Looks like this value of blues is one area I can look for more variety when I find good deals out there, especially prints that have a variety of textures.  

The picture is with my step one in the middle of the geese.
  

3 comments:

  1. Your geese look very good. I like your choice of colors. Is this quilt for someone in particular?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Those rulers make it a quicker process, Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your geese look great! I love your color scheme too!

    ReplyDelete