Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Good Fortune Clue # 5 and other Quilty Progress this Week

    It is time to link up to Bonnie Hunter's Monday Linky Party.   check it out here!





     This last week,  I finished all of clue # 5.  Finished trimming and pressing the remainder of clue #3,  cut the rest of what I needed for clue # 2,  and cut more little squares for clue # 1.  I was then able to get all the rest of clues #1 and # 2 sewn, pressed and counted.  I am officially caught up on the mystery clues!  Yeah!  Probably won't happen again next week, because we will be gone for 5 days this next week.  

    I made a couple more pillow cases for the boys next door who love baseball.   

    I also worked on Jamestown Landing this last week.  It's all assembled and is now a complete top.   I'm hoping to get this one quilted early this winter,  so I can enter it in our quilt show in March.  








      Merry Christmas!   We keep things pretty simple here at our house.  We do a tree and a few outdoor lights,  but gifts are kept to a very few.  (We do gifts for our grandkids and a little something for our neighbor boys.)   I even cut way back on cards this year.   Mike and I haven't really exchanged gifts for over 10 years.  We are so blessed!  If there is something either one of us really and truly wants,  we discuss, then decide.  We don't buy on credit,  and try to find good buys on what we do get.  We are not afraid to buy good used items either.    This all means that we can concentrate on the true meaning of the season which is  the birth of Jesus and quality time with family and friends.   

2 comments:

  1. Nice colours for Good Fortune, I´m looking forward to final version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brown and pink mystery units look great.

    All the best in the quilt show with your lovely green Jamestown Landing!

    ReplyDelete