Monday, December 3, 2018

Good Fortune Mystery Step 2

     I'm still working on that list of UFO;s.   Got my guild obligations done for the month.  Now I'm working on quilting, the 10th of the 10 tops i promised myself I was going to finish before delving into Good Fortune  with earnst. 

     I did spend some time last week checking my strip bins and  ironing and stacking my fabrics that I plan to use when I get to that point.  (Hey, I had the iron on. LOL.)   

     I got another 5% of step one done as Leaders and Enders... over the last week,  and I couldn't help myself from cutting some triangles when I discovered some strips that were already cut in the colors I'm using.   I still had the iron out, along with the spray starch, and cut what I could for step 2.  I stitched up a handful, (about 5%) and pressed them to check my accuracy.   They will also be used as Leaders and Enders as I work on Jamestown Landing when I'm done with the quilting foot. 

My steps 1 and step 2 playing together for a brief moment.




This is "Warm Winter Wishes".    It is quilt number 10 that I'm finishing.   This was a Row Robin on the internet with my Quilting Sisters.    I chose the theme,  and did the applique row with the houses,  the checkerboard rows, and the piano key borders.    The other rows were done by members of the group.  




     I also pieced and attached the borders to the following QOV I was working on on our Sew Day.   Some other sewists completed the center portion,  but I was assigned the borders.   I struggled with the crowded space I was using, and decided to bring it home and finish it in a day, rather than over the next 5 months.      The pattern is called "Hurrah"  by Minnick and Simspon.  




I am linking up to Bonnie Hunter's Linky party for step 2.   Bonnie's Linky Party Week 2

No comments:

Post a Comment