Monday, November 26, 2018

Good Fortune Mystery Part 1 Linky Party

     

  I have so many unfinished projects and tops that are waiting for quilting...  I love to follow Bonnie's Mysteries,  but I told myself that I wasn't going to dive in, until I got 10 of the 20+ finished tops  waiting for quilting  done.    I wasn't even going to determine my colors... Nope... Not even going to go there...   Roll Roll Cotton Boll is waiting to be quilted,   Jamestown Landing is  in pieces to be assembled.   On Ringo Lake is waiting for a day that I can go learn to use a longarm.  

     I finished # 9 on Saturday!    # 10 is chosen, and ready to be sandwiched.     

     I took some time to clean off the flat surfaces,  I've quilted 9 quilts since July 1st.  And the pieces of leftover binding,  parts trimmed off after quilting,  leftover backing that needed to be taken care of...  you all know... the evidence that something has happened in your creative space.  And there were three little things I needed to do this weekend, that I decided to take care of.   My guild name tag needed to be made,  the block kit I brought home to make for our 2020 opportunity quilt,  and the Block of the Month for our Dec. Meeting.  Since I had taken the FMQ foot off the machine to do the binding on  quilt # 9,  it seemed like a good time to get those done before delving into quilt # 10.  

     But!  If I'm piecing blocks,  I need leaders and enders.  Hmmmm how about a dozen or so little four patches....  😇😇😇  

      Now,  I need to pick a color,  at least for Bonnie's  red.   I had played around with colors that were, pink,  raspberry,  lt. brown and dk brown,   but up until yesterday morning, I hadn't committed.   I knew I had lots of lt. pink,  and tons of browns in the scrap system,  but raspberry?    I had to go looking.    





      In all that fabric,  I had just a few little scraps of raspberry...  on believe it or not,  they were in the box of pre-cut squares that were the right size!    I would  Ineed to buy more of this color  to finish the clue and to do later units,  but it got me through the blocks I needed to finish.  So.. I am officially 5% done with clue #1.    

      I stopped at three stores today after my Quilt of Valor sew day,  and found enough prints between the 3 stores to give me a nice variety.    

    I am linking to Bonnie Hunter's Linky Party    Linky party for Clue 1 Good Fortune

  and  more information on the free mystery quilt "Good Fortune" can be found on her website & Blog until January 2019.    Bonnie's Blog link to Good Fortune 

5 comments:

  1. You made me giggle about not starting another quilt but then finding yourself sewing 4 patches! LOL Fun fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lovely warm colour scheme for the mystery, and your 4-patches look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. relax, you're just like all quilters. I like your colors.

    ReplyDelete