Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Quilt Show Countdown!

   Our guild's show is in just over a week!   There is still so much to do.   March 22, 23 at the Portland Expo Center, in Portland Oregon.

    I'm on both our executive board,  and I'm on the show committee.   I've been responsible for finding homes for all registered quilts for for about 9 years now.   I've got the routine down, so i guess it's time to teach someone else how to do it....  LOL      

    The Pipe and Drape goes up on Wed the 20,  quilt hanging is on the 21,  and then 2 days of show.   Set up takes so much organization, so many volunteers and about 9 hours of actually working on the hanging for over 300 quilts.... and then it all comes down in about 2 1/2 hours when it's all over.  



  •      I have layout sheets ready
  •      I have finished the powerpoint presentation for my demonstration on EQ software,  my tuna can hexie demo is a repeat, so I'm ready for that
  •       My 9 quilts that I have entered are almost ready.... One sleeve, and two labels left to stitch on. 
  •       The screen mesh that we are hanging our small quilts on this year has been ordered, but has not yet arrived and still needs to be trimmed and stitched with hems and hanging sleeves. 
  •       I've submitted the floor plan to the fire marshall, and I think we have enough tables and chairs 
  •      Ladders and hanging supplies need to be cleaned and prepped for being near quilts... 
  • Clips were ordered and have been retrofitted to hang properly... 
  • I need to verify copy and text for our large signage.... and then send them off to Kinko / Fed X for printing. 
 In just a blink of the eye,  it will all be over for another year.   
 

1 comment:

  1. Your committee of 20 did a wonderful job and now you have to share your cloning secrets.

    ReplyDelete