Tuesday, February 26, 2019

UFO Project Update

February was a productive month for me.  

I not only did the online class I shared samples of in the last post,  but I finished 2 major quilt projects this month.  

I decided to start out with two little snow fabric table toppers, that were made with pieces left over from Warm Winter Wishes, that I finished up in December.   It didn't take long at all to quilt these two little gems.   Besides, it was snowed that day... just seemed right to work on them. 















My second finish was to finish Jamestown Landing.  I had it sandwiched and had started the quilting when I posted earlier in the month.   I love the way it turned out. 

Quilting Details


 I've used three spools of thread...  and it's a race to see if I have enough to finish... 



 I ran out of thread  while stitching the binding...  found a similar color on the rack and went for it!  Not buying another full spool. 

Overall Texture  of Quilting


Overall Texture 


 My Third finish for the month was my #6 APQS UFO challenge.   This was a round robin that was originally started back in 2009.  It came home in the fall of 2019,  but we were in the midst of a a move to our current home,  and I had just lost my Mom in May of that year.    Lots of projects got set aside that year.....   Retirement and new skills have  both encouraged me to finish up these  projects that have been aging to perfection. 

I now call this quilt "Spring is in the Air".   Believe me...  after a week of snowy, cold weather right at the end of February and I am ready for spring. 

This quilt is now 54 x 54 and is now gracing the back of the loveseat in our family room. 

Entire Quilt 



Add caption



Center Medallion Detail



Outer Border Details 



Daffodil outline Details 



Texture on the back 


2 comments:

  1. Three absolutely beautiful quilts! And I love your quilting--give me some tips so I can get mine to look even half as good. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, Thank you so much for the lovely compliment. I've been really practicing, practicing, and more practicing over the last 6 months.... Try "Machine Quilting Tutorials with Jeanne https://www.facebook.com/groups/16270..." Jeanne has wonderful video tutorials and lessons through this facebook group that are absolutely FREE! I also spend a lot of time watching other quilters on you tube to get the idea of how designs flow.

    ReplyDelete