Friday, February 1, 2019

February UFO Challenge Projects

February is going to be a busy month! 

  I'm following and joined Judy Laquidera's challenge which is  here:    Judy's challenge
For February,  Judy has picked # 10.    This is a project that has been hanging around since 2009 - 2010.  It was from our guild's Block of the Month for that year.  It's called "A Year in the Garden"  

This quilt is ready for quilting and binding.  



I am also doing a Facebook group challenge here:   American Patchwork and Quilting 2019 UFO Challenge

Here is my List for that challenge:   The number for this February is #6. This is a Round Robin project from 2009.  Needs final borders and some applique work prior to quilting. 



Since our quilt show is in March,  I have two other projects that I've entered that need to be finished by the 15th of March.  (Earlier actually, as I'm show layout chair and will need to have my projects done by March 1st to allow time for show chores).  

The first one is Jamestown Landing,  which has been sandwiched, pin basted and I've started on the quilting.  I'm using a stencil for a large, edge to edge design on my domestic machine.  This quilt has lots of seams,  and it just seemed the way to go, rather than stitch in the ditch quilting with FMQ added.  The pieces are small! 





The other project is "On Ringo Lake",  a Quilt of Valor, and I have arranged to get it quilted on a long arm.  One of our guild members, who does a lot of QOV quilting, has offered to teach me how to run her longarm to quilt this one.   


No comments:

Post a Comment