Friday, February 1, 2019

January UFO Progress!

Yahoo!  I completed both of my main UFO challenge pieces this month!   As I posted earlier in the month, I am participating in two challenges.  The first one is Judy Lacquidera's  monthly UFO challenge at Patchwork Times.  I'm linking to her linky party.   Patchwork Times UFO Challenge

Judy's number this month was #7.   The #7 on my list for her challenge was "Lanterns of Hope".  This will be a Quilt Of Valor.  I was able to complete the quilting and binding this month.   I enjoyed using different quilting motifs in each color area.  


Pattern is "Lanterns of Hope" by HollyAnne Knight at  String and Story.  HollyAnne has also helped me gain confidence in my Free Motion Quilting skills  through classes on her site.  This is quilted on my domestic Janome 9400.   Finished at 60 x 76 approx. 


A great modern twist on the traditional log cabin block. 


This chicken wire pattern is fun to do



Some Swirly Goodness!  I'm so proud of the way they turned out! Paisley's too! 


Woodgrain texture in the deepest reds,  and square spirals in the lightest areas.  


 The second UFO challenge is with a facebook group for American Patchwork & Quilting.  Their number for January was #3.  My number 3 was my second quilt for the 70,273 Project.  This quilt is for the 70,273 Project, which is commemoratin 52  the lives of  people with disabilities that were murdered by the Nazi regime in the early years of WWII. 

You can google the project for more information. . This is the second quilt I've completed this year for this project.  I'm a retired special education teacher and this project pulls at my heart strings.


47 x 60    Commemorates 52 lives lost
Block Details







I can hardly wait to see what numbers are in store for February! 

No comments:

Post a Comment