Saturday, January 18, 2020

I had a Productive Week!

     I was able to add another quilt to the finish column this week!   This was number 2 on my UFO challenge list, and has been patiently waiting to have it's quilting done for 8 years!   


Close up under my needle of fabric and butterfly.  

 More Quilting Details -  I did an all-over double loopy meander because the background fabric is so busy, I wanted something loopy and with great texture 

Quilted and Bound! 

Corner Detail 

Back texture detail 

 I also finished putting the borders on this group project for Quilts of Valor.  Our guild did a Quilt of Valor Sew day on Veteran's Day.   I was supposed to be a "table mom", and had this one all cut.  I also pre-did the applique stars.   Turned out I was whisked away to Reno for the week, and someone else stepped in to keep our table group on task.   The had finished all the sewing components, but the borders needed to be attached... so I brought it home to do that.  

Pattern is from a 2013 Fons and Porter Patriotic Quilts magazine.  
"Waving Old Glory".    


All borders done,  Ready for someone's Long Arm

Close up detail.   - every gold star is different. 

       I also made some hand work progress on my Monarch Butterfly project...  the colors in these photos are much better than the last group I took.  You can even see the text on the background here. 


Making progress on the Milkweed... 


 I'm not sure if I'll get  the third UFO project on my list finished this month...  but I'm hoping to decide what my next steps are and to get a start.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment