Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday STash report Feb 20

I'm new to the stash reporting stuff,  but I decided to start a spreadsheet at the beginning of 2011 to see if I could use more than I puchased this year.

That didn't work out so well at the beginning...... A local craft store had flat folds of Red Rooster, Andover, Makower, etc for $3.00 a yard.!!!  So much for my best laid plans.....

I did take an inventory of all my current UFO's and quilts in planning, and took advantage of the great pricing and purchased backing fabrics for everything in the pipeline.  ( I think)....

WTD stash used:  3.5 yards
YTD stash used:  19.145 yards

WTD stash increase:    0 yards
YTD stash increase:    99.38 yards

stash busted:  - 80.23

What have I been up to?

     I can't believe it's been a month since I posted last.... I've been trying to stitch more..... and be on the computer less.... guess I've made  progress on at least one of those goals....LOL . 
     I've finished a quilt for my new nephew, Dylan.   I made his big brother, Carter, a quilt with sailboats  in bright colors, so since the two are sharing a room, wanted bright colors for Dylan's quilt as well.  
     I chose this darling little airplane from   Added some churn dash or monkey wrench blocks from my scrap stash and found this bright stripe for borders and backing. 
     This is Dylan's "Friendly skies" quilt before I quilted it.

This is Carter's "Clear Sailing" quilt which I finished 2 years ago.

I have completed the quilting on this one, but haven't created the label or washed it yet.   I've decided to enter the airplane quilt in our guild's quilt show this next month, so I need to attach a sleeve as well.