I made some in scrappy mode.... all from little crumbs and scraps.... they turned out cute....
Then... I thought about a project I want to do for our guild.... a small quilt (under 24" square), that will go in our small quilt raffle. I pulled out my scrap drawers and pulled scraps that were purple and lime green. This is the result.... it measures 9" square. Still needs to be quilted and bound, but I don't need it until April.
Who would ever think that these are pieces that many throw away? Those little white areas are less than 1" square!
If you want to make some of these adorable blocks, do a google search for "Wild and Goosey" and you should be able to find the PDF of the downloadable pattern to print out.
Then I have signed up for 4 blocks for a baby quilt..... This is a Moda Bakeshop pattern called "Jungle Path". It goes together quickly and are 10" blocks. These are ready to send out in the mail.
I still need to make a couple of pinwheel blocks for another baby project, they need to go in the same envelope, so those are next on the line.
I also finished the final 2 blocks of our Block of the Month project for Guild. Being the chairperson, means you need to work ahead. I had all the blocks done in October, but didn't take enough of a couple of fabrics with me to retreat where I worked on them last. It feels so Good to get those off my "to do List".
I also finished the row I had of the 2015 Stitchin' Sisters Row Robin I'm participating in this year. We all chose our own theme.... I mailed my starter row earlier in Jan. My theme is "Winter".... my thoughts were around winter items "NOT CHRISTMAS"... so snowmen, snowflakes, mittens, cocoa, birds, branches, etc. I had snowflake fabrics from an internet exchange several years ago, and this seemed like the perfect way to put them to use.
The checkerboard is one of three "filler rows" I have made. I sent it along to let everyone see the variety of blues I envision. I will also add a pieced border using the same fabrics... piano key... or some other idea.... I want to use all my fabrics though.
Vanessa's starter row arrived at my home last week, right on time. Her theme is "Coffee and Cupcakes". She sent a little fabric along with her row. It didn't take this project very long to talk to me.... I made log cabin blocks in brown and tans. Appliqued a small cupcake from the fabric she sent in the middle of each block. Then made 3 larger applique blocks with coffee cups on them. These don't have to be mailed until after the 20th of February.. but I'm early for a change... That feels good too!
Here are some of the individual blocks in close up. They finish at 8". We aren't attaching our rows, as most of us want to add extra filler rows to make our tops larger when we get them back later this year.
While none of these is a huge project... it sure is nice to clear them off the project table. I'm wanting to put another top or two into the sandwich and quilt mode, so getting these little things done helps a bunch.