Sunday, January 25, 2015

STASH!!!!

I told myself I wasn't going to do anything else until I found the flat surfaces in my sewing and stash areas.....   The tables, dressers, floors... were stacked and then stacked some more....  I still have a couple of bins of scraps to tame.... but I can move and see what's  there.... 


This little table in the middle of the room was stacked about 3 feet high! 
I use this 10 x 10 room to store my fabric stash and my scrapbooking supplies... It is truly stacked floor to ceiling....  I don't think I can fit another fat quarter in here right now... 

I found some great buys at an estate sale, and two garage sales last fall.... large pieces that I can use for backing or borders,  and all was less than $3.00 a yard... some even less.   Not that I needed more fabric, but who can pass it up at that price, especially since I make so many donation quilts.  

I'm heavy on blues!  Quilt of Valor ideas floating in my brain.....  



Hope the fire marshall doesn't see this....   I think I'm covered in each color category, except for purples.....  I'm trying to limit my purchases to blenders, tonals, small textural prints that read as more solid.... to move the larger printed pieces through and into completed projects.  


This shelf has my leaf fabrics, a few small quilts, patterns, buttons, and fabrics for quilts for kids.... 

These are my "scrap drawers" for scraps that have been tamed... Looks like I need to find a project for small bricks....  these little drawers are full!  *except for the batik one..... it's looking sad and empty.... 
I am very blessed, my hubby lets me indulge when great buys come along..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment