Monday, June 22, 2009

My latest project

On a happier note.... I'll try not to bring so much emotion to most of my postings....
We will be traveling to Montana in the next week to see our grandchildren. Nathan, the oldest is on the varsity football team as a senior this coming year. With funding for athletics tight everywhere, they are trying to raise extra money for the team for traveling expenses. JoAnn asked me a while back, if I'd be willing to make a quilt for the team to raffle off this fall. I agreed.
The Capitol High Bruins, have team colors of brown and gold. In keeping with the bruin theme, I enlarged a bear paw from one of Nathan's t-shirts, to use for a center medallion. Then used a variation of the bear paw block, by setting the individual paws on points.
The writing on the small gold blocks was done with my cricut machine, and the marker stylus that is available. That was fun to play with!
I am working on the quilting now, hoping to finish sometime today or tomorrow. I want to have it finished to take with us, so I won't have to pay for shipping.
Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment