Sunday, July 12, 2009

MAD for PLAIDS II

I love working with plaids!!! I especially like the way that plaids work together in a quilt to give it a warm, worn, homey look. I have accumulated lots of plaids, and have a couple of ideas started for additional plaid quilts, but this is one I made for my younger brother. I worked off a sketch I drew up at a quilt show for the 9 patch settings. All those flying geese went together relatively quickly using Quilt in a Day flying geese ruler.
I do my own machine quilting on my Juki at home. Since marking the quilting takes so much time, I am trying to improve my techniques of quilting without spending hours marking quilts. This quilt I did by following the edge of my ruler, and doing stitch in the ditch.
I'm hoping that Alan enjoys it for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment