Thursday, August 15, 2013

It's been too long!

I haven't really fallen off the face of the earth..... I've been lurking, but not posting... seems I haven't been as prolific this year as I had hoped.....

I have actually finished 3 items since January... and have a few more working......

It seems that swaps and exchanges are fun... but I have found myself rushing to meet deadlines..... and not getting much accomplished on projects that are stacked in the corner.  I'm re-evaluating that.... I'm on a temporary hiatus from signing up for anything new, except QOV and baby quilts....

School starts up again soon, and I'm in the planning stages of getting ready for a new year..... hoping to get slightly ahead of the curve.... (if that's possible)..... I'm excited about the changes we are looking forward to, but know that it will mean staying on top of the paperwork.

The wedding quilts are still unfinished..... tops are done, but I need to get them pin basted and ready to quilt.
Seems the newlyweds are expecting a baby in February... so I have a baby quilt to plan and finish as well.

I best be getting something done... so this post is finished.. but I do promise that I'll be back soon.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back :) I, too, am only signing up to help with a few blocks for baby, QOV and care quilts. Sew many ideas in my head that I want to sew. May your new school year be a good one and may you find some time to enjoy your sewing machine, my friend ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a comment you made on another bloggers post: http://catpatches.blogspot.com/2012/04/northwest-quilters-quilt-show.html. I'm trying to hunt down the name of the pattern that this quilter used on her feathered star quilt. If you could help me I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete