Sunday, March 12, 2017

Stash Report March 12

Here is my latest stash report. 

I'm linking with Judy Laquidara's blog 


Since my last report  on 2/26: 
  • Completed "Flurry"...  quilted, bound,  and ready to bring on the Christmas Spirit next year. Total amount of fabric used...  3 yards of  solid white background === Backing 4  1/2 yards  === binding 5/8 yard  The gift package blocks were from an exchange, so most of them did not come from my stash.  I made 6 of the 20 package blocks...  so I used approx 1/2 yard total for those.      Total fabric used, 8  5/8 yards       Batting used   1 5/8 soft and bright                   
  • I got lots done at retreat last weekend,  but since I'm not finished with any of the projects I worked on, I'll have to wait to count,  but I do have a top 1/2 quilted on the machine right now, so progress is being made!  

Fabric 2017

     Fabric Used Since last report : 8 5/8  yards 
     Fabric Used year to Date: 42 5/8 yards
     Fabric Added since last report: 0 yards
     Fabric Added Year to Date: 8 yards
     Net Fabric  as of last report:  8 5/8 yards used

     Net Fabric for 2017:  Net 34 5/8 yards Used 



Batting  2017: 

     Batting used since last report:  1 5/8 yards soft and bright

     Batting used year to date: 5 3/8 yards used from bolt PLUS  7 doll quilts, 5 laps (45" squared), and one table runner  from my bins of batting scraps approx 3 1/2 yards worth 
     Batting added since last report: 0 yards
     Batting added year to date:  40 yards (Jan purchase) 
     Net Batting as of last report:  - 0 yard 
     Net Batting for 2017: increase of 27 1/8  yards 

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

February UFO Complete!

"Flurry"

It's complete!   I was only one day late, getting the binding done on "Flurry".  This was my #9 quilt on my UFO list,  which was the number drawn for February over on Judy Laquidera's blog.  You can check it out more on Judy's blog, by clicking here.

We were challenged to pick 12 Unfinished projects that we wanted to finish this year.... they were posted and numbered by myself.... but Judy draws a number every month, so we work on them in random order.   

I was part of a block exchange back in the fall of 2015 with 7 internet friends.  We each made 2 "gift" blocks for each of the participants.  I wanted my quilt a bit longer, so I added 4 more blocks.   

I laid out the completed blocks and planned my scrappy border while at our guild's retreat last fall.   It feels good to get another quilt off of my "NEEDS TO BE QUILTED" list.  

I chose to do a loose wavy vertical line type of free motion quilting on this, for an informal, modern look.  This is one I'm keeping to use on the back of the sofa for the Holidays.    It finished at 57 x 75".  

The number that Judy picked for March is #5... which is my "Roll Roll, Cotton Boll",  a mystery by Bonnie Hunter.  The top is pieced,  just needs to be Quilted...  (sounds like a familiar story).