Thursday, July 18, 2019

Summer Time Progress

     I seem to really lose track of time when the weather warms up.   It's not that I'm not quilting,  but life seems busier all the way around and I don't take time to post here on the blog. 

     The middle of May was 2 full months ago!  How did that happen?  

     I've of course, been working in the yard,  however our weather has been very cool so far this summer.  I have a few tomatoes on the vines,  but they are still small and very green.   No signs of cucumbers yet either.   We found a great power sprayer on Facebook Market Place a few weeks ago and it made very quick work of spraying the driveway to the highway.  Blackberries apparently do not require hot weather to grow. 

     4 yards of bark mulch is about half of what I really need.  The other 4 will most likely get done in the fall.  

     On the quilting front.... I finished a baby quilt for Samson, who is still very comfortable in Mommy's womb, 1 full week after his due date with no real signs of eagerness to greet this world.   My niece is not overly concerned, her earlier 3 babies were also very snuggled in place and not in a hurry to make that journey.  I'm holding this quilt hostage until I get some baby snuggle time with the recipient.  



          






     I also got the quilting done on the quilt for Quilts for a Cure.   I chose to use my serpentine stitch for this one.  That stitch really holds up to washing, but keeps a quilt soft and snuggly.   This one should be arriving in Georgia at Quilts for A Cure headquarters today. 

     It was a pleasure to work on this project, and I stitched lots of loving wishes in for the child with cancer that will be snuggled under this quilt. 









     The Hawaiian / Celtic Challenge Quilt is also finished!  (that makes 10 finishes so far in 2019).   The binding is finished by hand which is a rarity for me.  

     I am very happy with the way this one turned out.  I'm considering putting it in our State Fair in August.  











     I've started a few new projects.  Who am I kidding?   I need new projects mixed in with the older UFO's to keep the interest flowing.  

I've cut out the strips for  an orange and blue quilt for our oldest grandson.  He is a Denver Broncos Fan.  it will finish at 84 x 84 approx.  Here is the EQ mock up. 




I am also participating in a Quilt Along over at the String and Story... we are stitching "Star Island" by HollyAnne Knight.   Here is my color mock up for that one, which is also cut out ready to stitch.  When done this will become a Quilt of Valor.  


No comments:

Post a Comment