I quilted it on my domestic Juki.... using a circular wedge design to help break up the squareness of the blocks.... I used a template that I quilted around, in an attempt to not have to mark. the whole quilt. If I recall correctly, I started this quilt spring of 2007.... and completed it in 2009. (I'm always slow at getting the tops quilted. I called it "Plenty of stars".... It is a large lap, nearly twin size quilt.
This quilt now resides with my little sister.....
http://www.thequiltandneedle.com/ in 2008. I have added borders to this one since this picture..... I made some changes, by making 8 more of those corner triangles and tipping them out into the large outer border, and then appliqued some simple motifs as well.
This pattern is now for sale on Jess' website, so it is no longer a mystery. It is queen size.
This is not yet quilted, nor do I have a plan for who it will belong to.... another UFO to complete... some day....
This is still needing an outside border. It is 60x60. I'm trying to decide if I want the red for the outside border, or something more neutral..... decisions... decisions... decisions... then it will get quilted to hang in my stairway. This is a very interesting twist to a lone star type of look.
The fall mystery we did from the Quilt and Needle was this one called "Annie's Fortune" It is not available for sale yet, but I'm sure it will be soon. I totally used stash for this one.... and all I have left of two of the fabrics is crumbs..... I really do need to take a better picture..... this one is before I actually pieced all the elements together... and from the floor, just doens't do queen size quilts any justice.
I especially liked the way that the star blocks seem to roll in the hexagons..... And floating on point, the center medallion is striking. This one still needs to be quilted and bound as well..... again, I don't have anyone specific in mind to receive this one.... I have a nephew who is engaged, it may become a gift for the young couple.
This next quilt is also a Debbie Caffrey mystery.... Done as a "Quilt till you Wilt" evening at a now gone
local quilt shop. We miss you Tina! Tina at ScarboroughFlair would host about 2 of these each year.... lots of fun was had trying to guess what we were making as the night went along, and best of all, Tina did all our pressing for us! This one is also a large lap / twin size.... being the perverbial pattern switcher, I decided to do the quilt in scrappy mode rather than 4 fabrics as suggested. This was a bold move, not knowing where anything was going to fall. I call this one "Lilac Lattice". I quilted it with a winding rose and leaf type design that I free motioned rather than marking. I gave this to my step daughter, so it now lives in Helena, Montana. Lilacs are one of her favorite spring flowers. We started this mystery in probably 2006 or 2007. I got it quilted and bound in 2009.
I need to go dig into the hard drive storage for pics of the other mysteries... so will post them another time.... Hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane with me...