Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Wedding Gifts

So what else would I gift to a special nephew and his new bride, if it wasn't quilt related?  

My nephew Austin and his bride, Madison (Madi),  became husband and wife on Nov 14, 2015.  

These two have known each other since about the 9th grade!  

As with his mom and sister who both married in the last couple of years, I offered to make them a pair of couch throws that would coordinate with each other, but yet still have an individual feel to them. 

Austin is a tall guy, so I made sure his quilt will cover him from neck to toe if he wants to nap on the couch. It measures at about 90" long 
   
The two of them chose a color theme of browns and tans.  Then from about a dozen EQ7 mock ups of quilts in that color scheme,  they chose the patterns I used. 




These are their labels. 












Madi's Quilt :



Close up of quilting details...


 '


I chose overlapping circles, to help soften the straight line work in the squares.   
















Austin's quilt is a woven knot design.  



I quilted it with an overall swirl pattern on my domestic Janome Horizon 7700.  


It felt good to get these sent off to them before they celebrate their first anniversary. 

I think I'm ready to put my brown scraps away for a while.... next up?  a brighter colored baby quilt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment