Monday, February 1, 2016

January Finishes!

 Planes and Propellers    


 I have a new great nephew due in February.  This is the quilt I made to welcome him into this world.  I call it
"Planes and Propellers".   Designed with the help of Electric Quilt Software. (EQ7)  This quilt measures 42 x 50.   The blocks are paper pieced.  Parents chose a nursery theme of red, navy, gray.  

Planes and Propellers  
Planes and Propeller   Details 
Planes and Propellers
  Backing 






  

































Planes and Propellers - Label Detail 


Thomas the Tank I - 


   January has also been a good month for finishing up some projects that have been hanging around on the end of the counter for awhile.   The majority of these are destined for a new homeless shelter for families  Shelters that take couples with children are hard to come by.   I purchased a couple of tubs of fabric at a Garage sale a little over a year ago, and there were several (about 25) fat quarters of Thomas the Tank Engine fabric.    I should be able to get a total of 4 or 5 quilts out of that group.   Not bad, when they were just a part of the garage sale goods that I paid less than $100 for.  These were hidden in the bottom of the tub! 


Thomas the Tank 1 
Thomas the Tank 1  Backing 


Thomas the Tank I - block and quilting details 





















Playtime Station:  quilts I and II



     These two panels were some I found in a remnant bin several years ago.  This seemed like a perfect project to use them up and have them go to good use. 


Playtime Station - Blue border   40" x 44"  approx 

Playtime Station - Red border   40" x 44"  approx
Flannel Backing  - same for both 

1 comment:

  1. Adorable!!! I love the plane blocks. What a lucky kid.

    ReplyDelete