Monday, August 17, 2009

I Have Yellow Finches!

I love feeding the birds in my yard! I've lived here for 15 years, and have fed the birds since the day we moved in. I get lots of juncos, chicadees, sparrows, bushtits, red finches, etc. I even get the occassional scrub jay. I have tried for years, to attract goldfinches to my yard. I think the cat might have something to do with this... they can be flighty birds.... this characteristic makes it difficult to get pictures of them, especially with my small camera. but on two seperate occassions, I have been able to get pics. I have several feeders... one with a patio mix of sunflower seeds, peanuts,and a small amount of millet. The other has niger seed in it. They have such a pretty song. I got th picture of the three on the one feeder through my kitchen window screen the other day.

8 comments:

  1. Denise, try thistle seed, they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is you will also have to have some points ready at your home for the chickens arrival. Things such as a cage, food, games, Conures

    ReplyDelete
  3. t be around looked. There's nothing worse than having the chicken of your desires provided, and to be unprepared canaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. These days, online shopping is on the rise in India and this is due to the fact that online shopping is the most convenient and easiest ways of buying things for your home and for your family. Apart from purchasing small items such as clothes, cosmetics and household appliances, it is also very much possible to buy large items such as furniture in India. There are a large number of online furniture shops in India that can make your shopping experience unforgettable. Birds for sale

    ReplyDelete
  5. as all of the time, purchasing a bird is no inexpensive obtain, as numerous birds available cockatoo for sale

    ReplyDelete
  6. is you will also have to have some points ready at your home for the chickens arrival. Things such as a cage, food, games, Exotic Birds for Sale

    ReplyDelete
  7. could cost thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. So, this definitely is not a buy to get lightly. parrots for sale

    ReplyDelete
  8. could cost thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. So, this definitely is not a buy to get lightly. lorikeets

    ReplyDelete