Monday, August 17, 2009

I Have Yellow Finches!

I love feeding the birds in my yard! I've lived here for 15 years, and have fed the birds since the day we moved in. I get lots of juncos, chicadees, sparrows, bushtits, red finches, etc. I even get the occassional scrub jay. I have tried for years, to attract goldfinches to my yard. I think the cat might have something to do with this... they can be flighty birds.... this characteristic makes it difficult to get pictures of them, especially with my small camera. but on two seperate occassions, I have been able to get pics. I have several feeders... one with a patio mix of sunflower seeds, peanuts,and a small amount of millet. The other has niger seed in it. They have such a pretty song. I got th picture of the three on the one feeder through my kitchen window screen the other day.

1 comment: