Thursday, November 26, 2009

more pics of new house...

Well,  here is a picture of Mt. Hood from the upper deck.   Now, if we could just convince our neighbor to cut down the big tree on the left....  it's about an hour drive to get to the ski slopes, but neither of us ski anymore... the sunrises over that eastern ridge have been beautiful to watch.    
This is the view we have from the dining room table and upper deck, looking south east towards our closest neighbor.  Their house is just beyond these trees, completely hidden from our view.   We can hardly wait for warm summer evenings to enjoy sitting on the deck. 

We have furniture.... in the dining room.

And the living room.... That wooden Indian was actually in a hollywood movie!  He got shot in the chest during gun shot scene and has a wound.
 We found these cute western lamps at a liquidation store for $5 each.  The lamp shades were more than the lamps!   I have two more to make a floor lamp out of....
I can hardly wait to resurface that hearth and add a timber type mantel!   River rock?  Field stone?  The really sad part is that I found a picture in a drawer while cleaning that showed the fireplace BEFORE they did this to it.  I wanted to cry....   Remember the plans for an addition and actual front door entry way?  It will eventually be where that window is.... it will wrap around the back side of the fireplace  and extend 10 feet out.  Room for a nice coat closet....


Still working on the bedroom... we want to switch to a king size bed, since the room is 12x 24.  Mike didn't want to take pictures of the unpacked boxes on the floor.                    


Here is the family room... It also needs some facelifting done on the fireplace.... but since we can still see the fieldstone definitions, I'm going to try paint first....  What were they thinking? This is the view I'll have from my sewing machines.

This is the wall we redid, taking out a tiny 9'x9' room that was enclosed.  You can see my machine peeking up over the half wall.  Those are the boxes I still need to unpack.  The weird, loose stuff that is harder to put away....   the french doors open to the garden and lower deck / patio area with our hot tub on it.   
      
The birds have found the feeders I put up... I've trimmed back one of the wisterias, but still have the largest one to go.....
Lets go check out the craft room....

Well  you can see I still have some work to do in here.... I need to put a ceiling light in... finish organizing the fabric stash...  and find the center work table surface....   I will post more later, but need to accomplish something first.    Can't do it sitting here blogging, that's for sure, so until next time.... here is hoping everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving day. 

1 comment:

  1. It's looking WONDERFUL, Denise! I love your indian.. LOL. The house is looking very cozy and inviting. Your sewing room is GETTING THERE...Sure have a lot of nice fabrics ;)

    ReplyDelete