Work was crazy busy this fall! I had a hard time wrapping my head around what I wanted to make for this bundle of joy.
Then... while digging through the clearance bins and JoAnns on a 50% off already clearance day, I found a bolt this fabric..... there was enough for borders. At the price of $1.50 a yard.... I bought it. Thinking I would use something different on the back. But a trip to a second JoAnn's later that same weekend... I found another piece... which had just the right amount for a back!
I usually try to avoid "infant" looking prints when making baby quilts... but this was such a cute print..... and the proud parents were super happy to be adding a baby girl to their family..... big brother Liam is now 4. I had plenty of the right coordinating colors to do something in the center....
And I decided to keep it really simple! Large 4 patch blocks..... but it looks so sweet and girlie..... I also like the serpentine stitch for baby quilts... I know it catches all the seam allowances, making it very sturdy and washer friendly.