I got a second quilt done as well. The basic fabrics are the same as the first one, but I placed the colors in a different places, and got totally different results!
Both are backed with flannel. one is all this little blue/white floral. The other one is pieced, 'cause I ran out of flannel after is shrank in the laundry when I pre-washed it! This next picture is the pieced back and and the label I made for both. I'm still playing with the fonts on my new Janome.... I wish I could make the letters smaller.
It felt really good to make the majority of these two quilts from my stash! All I bought was the 4 yards of flannel on sale, which totaled less than 9 dollars! one of them I used 3 pieces of batting scraps stitched together to get enough batting.
I hope these keep some little Japanese girl cozy for a long time!