Saturday, December 24, 2016

One Spring Finish! Smith Mountain Morning


     Sew......  it is becoming increasingly clear to me that I can either quilt,  garden,  or blog.... it must be like trying to walk and chew gum at the same time.   

     End of February was my last post?  Really????? 

     I did spend a lot of time outdoors this summer, finishing a landscaping project from last year,  but that shouldn't really be an excuse, 

     I did finish one quilt between February and October,  it was my Smith Mountain Morning, that I started when Bonnie Hunter came to do workshops with our guild in 2014. 

     I completed the top in February and decided to get it quilted in time for our guild's show which was in May.    I can't remember now, the exact date,  but I would estimate it at mid April, because I know it was done before it was time to work on show layout tasks



Hanging in the show.... 
Block and Quilting Detail 
Border Details 





































Bonnie Hunter and Myself at our workshop  May 2014

     This workshop was so worth taking a personal day off from work to attend!   Bonnie is such a wealth of tips and information, and not a pretentious  bone in her body!   

     I use this quilt daily as my chair quilt.  The bright colors make every day a bit more cheerful! 

.  

No comments:

Post a Comment