Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year... and Stash Report Checkin

My stash goal for 2012:

Use more from the existing stash, than I purchase new....

Since my stash is huge,  you would think that this would be an easy goal.... but I have to admit that, well,  I just LOVE fabric!   And... I have severe impulse control when I find a great sale.  Ok,  I've admitted it publicly.....

I really need to contain my stash to the area I've allotted for it... and I've crammed about as much organizational help into this room as I can.... so it is what it is...  In order to maintain some sense of control in my life, it must remain behind the partially closed door of my stash room... I must be able to walk through to find what I need to get at... it must remain somewhat organized.... and I have to share the space with my other obsession of cardmaking and scrapbooking supplies.  (It's a good thing that my third obsession is an outdoor activity, and that I don't have to store my gardening supplies or plants in this room, and with an acre and a quarter I still have lots of room to plant and dig.)

It feels good to start the year off with a clean slate.  With the 1st of the year starting on a Sunday,  I'll start with a zero all the way down the board...

Stash Report:  Week #1 - January 1, 2012

Used this Week: 0 yards
Used year to Date: 0 yards

Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2012: 0 yards


I'll report:

Tops as completed
Backing as used when a quilt is pin basted (pretty much committed  at this point, dont you think? )
Binding  when finished
Purchases as they come home

How are you going to do with your stash in 2012?   Come join us as we participate in Judy Laquidara's Weekly Stash Report at Patchworktimes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment